HP unit expands security portfolio
Dubai, June 11, 2009
HP ProCurve, a unit of HP Technology and a networks solutions provider, has expanded its security portfolio addressing key issues in the firewall and intrusion prevention areas.
HP’s solutions are expected to lower costs and reduce the complexity of security infrastructure deployments.
As part of HP ProCurve’s ProActive defense security portfolio, HP is introducing the new HP ProCurve threat management services module. It provides firewall, virtual private network (VPN) and intrusion prevention (IPS) functionality. This multi-function security module eliminates the need for a separate appliance by physically integrating into the HP ProCurve 8212 and 5400 series switches.
In addition, HP unveiled a new version of the HP ProCurve Manager Plus product suite, designed to help businesses secure and simplify network management. HP ProCurve Manager Plus allows businesses of all sizes to prevent security breaches by centrally managing user access for both wired and wireless networks.
“Customers in the Middle East are increasingly looking at reducing overall security costs while simplifying the complexity of network security with HP ProCurve’s switch and mobility products,” said Alaa AlShimy, general manager of HP ProCurve Middle East.
“A security strategy that embraces distributed intelligence at the edge of a network can dramatically change how network security is deployed and these new solutions deliver a unified approach to secure, mobile, multi-service networks.”
HP ProCurve’s ProActive Defense network security strategy provides customers security solutions that are able to adapt to users, applications and changing business environments. ProActive Defense secures customer networks by combining pre-emptive techniques including comprehensive access control with innovative defensive methods such as automated threat detection.
HP ProCurve threat management services module
The HP ProCurve threat management services module protects networks, servers and data in transit through firewalling, IPS and VPN capabilities. This solution also integrates with HP ProCurve’s existing wireless IPS solution to provide threat management services across wired and wireless networks, supported by the ProCurve lifetime warranty.
Network visibility and security management suite
The HP ProCurve Manager Plus 3.0 management platform enables customers to map, configure and monitor wired and wireless networks. The platform offers a single pane view of network-wide management control, allowing customers to securely add, customize and restrict network management access to users. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network