Omantel Q2 net profit slips 3.26pc to $91m
Muscat, August 5, 2009
Oman Telecommunications (Omantel) reported net profit of OR35.14 million ($91.27 million) in the second quarter on Wednesday, down 3.26 per cent from the year-earlier period.
The company posted net profit of OR73.038 million in the six months ended June 30, compared with OR74.77 million a year ago, it said in a statement on the bourse website, without giving quarterly figures.
Reuters calculated the second-quarter figure based on the company's earlier financial statements.
Omantel posted a net profit of OR36.36 million in the second quarter of 2008, and OR37.94 million in the first quarter of this year.
Two analysts forecast quarterly profit at OR37.86 million and OR120 million, in a Reuters net profit survey in July. – Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project