Blue Coat offers enhanced knowledge portal
Dubai, August 6, 2009
Blue Coat Systems, a leader in application delivery networking, has launched an advanced knowledge management system designed to provide customers with fast and easy access to the information about its product line.
The knowledge management system enhances the BlueTouch Online portal and is part of ongoing investment by Blue Coat in its service and support capabilities to improve customer satisfaction.
“Over the last 12 months, Blue Coat has made significant investments in its service and support organization to provide its customers with the tools, knowledge and expertise they need to support strategic deployments,” said Grant Gordon, senior vice president, global service and support at Blue Coat Systems.
“The knowledge management system is integral to this initiative and unifies the vast reserve of technical knowledge and expertise that Blue Coat maintains in multiple locations to better serve our customers’ service and support requirements.”
The knowledge management system is a collaborative environment that incorporates the shared knowledge and content created by Blue Coat support engineers, partners and customers with an advanced knowledgebase tool and automated content integration.
As a part of the BlueTouch Online portal, the new knowledge management system provides a single customisable search tool across all technical documentation, support solutions, customer forums, alerts and other sources and enables customers to quickly find accurate and intuitive answers to their support questions.
For customers, the BlueTouch Online knowledge management system utilizes advanced search algorithms to find the most relevant content and answers to natural language questions.
With the ability to search technical, solution and product content regardless of location or format, the BlueTouch Online knowledge management system provides customers with best practices answers from discussion forums, product documentation and technical briefs.
To stay informed of the latest content added to the knowledge management system, customers can also subscribe to automated updates based on product, issue topic, deployment type or OS version.
An integrated authoring platform allows Blue Coat support engineers, product developers and technical services marketing to rapidly share new information with Blue Coat partners and customers while service partners can contribute solutions to share with customers.
For new partner support engineers, the BlueTouch Online knowledge management system provides an easy way to leverage the collective intelligence of the Blue Coat service and support organisation.
BlueTouch Online, the online portal component of the BlueTouch customer service and support programme, allows customers to easily download the latest software and documentation, search security advisories, submit and track RMA and service requests, and license and activate products, said a statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network