3Dconnexion updates software for new 3D mouse
Dubai, August 11, 2009
3Dconnexion, a subsidiary of Logitech and a leading provider of 3D mice for 3D design and visualisation, has announced a free software update for its recently launched SpacePilot PRO 3D mouse.
The updates enhance the functionality of its full-color LCD Workflow assistant that delivers quick access to important commands and information without interrupting the design workflow, a statement said.
The new update helps connect engineers more closely to their 3D applications, allowing them to view vital 3D model information and the name of an activated command when an intelligent function key is pressed on the LCD at a glance.
“The LCD Workflow assistant featured on the SpacePilot PRO was designed with an open architecture to allow for additional features to be introduced,” said Dieter Neujahr, president of 3Dconnexion.
“This software update is a reflection of that, introducing an even tighter integration between our 3D mouse and supported CAD applications, enabling higher levels of performance for our customers.”
The software update brings several enhancements to design engineers working with the LCD Workflow assistant on the SpacePilot PRO, such as the model properties applet, which enables engineers to quickly view key model information on the SpacePilot PRO’s LCD Workflow assistant, increasing productivity and making it easier for workgroups to collaborate.
It also includes the intelligent function key notification, which is a new visual confirmation in the form of an easy-to-view pop-up window shows users what intelligent function key command was activated, regardless of the applet currently running on the LCD Workflow assistant. This new feature enhances designer’s interactivity with the SpacePilot PRO, providing more control over the design environment.
Also new with the software update is an updated default button setting for SolidWorks on the SpacePilot PRO’s Intelligent Function Keys, as well as on the SpaceExplorer and SpacePilot speed keys.
The popular “S” shortcut key in SolidWorks has been added as a default command, giving design engineers quicker access to the command shortcut toolbar.
The software update v3.7.18 is available with SpacePilot PRO products purchased as of September, and existing design professionals can download the update for free at 3Dconnexion.com. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit