Dell and NTS win Spinneys infrastructure order
Dubai, August 18, 2009
Dell and IT services and consulting firm NTS have won a Dh2.34 million ($637065) contract from Spinneys, a leading UAE food retailer, for the provision of a new IT infrastructure.
The supermarket giant hopes the new infrastructure will support the distribution of thousands of fast-moving consumer goods to its branches and other outlets across the entire region.
The deal includes the provision of a range of Dell’s enterprise-class products and services, including 27 Dell PowerEdge servers, two Dell|EMCCX4 storage area networks, a Dell storage tape library and ProSupport four-hour mission critical services to ensure the infrastructure runs smoothly.
Among other benefits, the new solution will ensure increased efficiency and speed across Spinney’s wholesale supply chain.
“Due to rapid growth across our organisation in the last few years and the different nature of the retail and wholesale departments within Spinneys, there was a strong need to create an exclusive IT environment for our wholesale division,” said Nair T K G, IT manager, Spinneys.
“The contract was won due to the quality of the products and our ProSupport service offerings, as well as our commitment to customer excellence which was exemplified throughout the successful implementation of the solutions,” added Ashraf Hamid, regional sales manager, Dell UAE.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project
- Expert outlines IT trends