Etisalat cuts off-peak international call rates
Abu Dhabi, September 17, 2009
Etisalat has announced an increased discount of 60 per cent on international calls during Super off peak hours.
Etisalat has also extended the Super Off peak hours, which were 1am-7am, to 11pm-7am.
The additional two hours will provide a dual benefit to customers by providing more time to connect with their friends and families while enjoying the additional discounts offered.
Besides Super off peak discounts, customers can also enjoy higher discounts during off peak hours. Discounts for fixed line customers have been increased to 45 per cent, post-paid customers to 40 per cent and Wasel customers to 35 per cent.
Effective October 16, local calls will cost a standard rate of 30 fils per minute during peak hours. During off peak hours, the rate will be as low as 24 fils from the second minute onwards. International calls will be charged on a per minute basis as per the prevailing rates, according to a statement.
Customers can choose to subscribe to Super Off-Peak Plans for no monthly fee.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum