Wataniya, Gameloft launch mobile games portal
Kuwait, September 22, 2009
Wataniya, a top telecom services provider in Kuwait, has partnered with Gameloft, leading publisher of video games on mobile phones, to launch its new game portal on WAP (wireless application protocol) for its mobile phone customers.
While browsing the wide range of games, customers will have the opportunity to download any game they desire, and in return they will be given a free game.
A very wide selection of games is available, all new and fun ones designed to pump up the mood and give the customer a new rich experience in the gaming world, said a statement.
With the gaming industry gaining rapid momentum in the Arab world, the need for Wataniya to diversify onto online gaming has a taken new form.
Gamers’ requirements will be met in terms of accessibility, web navigation and ease of technical application to ensure an enjoyable visual ride.
A Wataniya WAP enabled phone can experience the features with top notch quality in speed, sound and graphics if the customer would want to surf and download from the respective site. Players can access the sites from anywhere at any time.
“The gaming world has evolved over the years and Wataniya expects to stay on top of their game,” said Abdul Aziz Al Balool, PR manager, Wataniya Telecom.
“We possess some of the latest, fresh and hip assortment of games designed to enthrall our loyal customers on every level,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre