National Bonds names Emirati as IT chief
Dubai, September 28, 2009
National Bonds Corporation (NBC) has announced the appointed an UAE national, Raja Mohammed Al Mazrouei, as the new head of Information Technology (IT) department.
Her responsibilities will be to manage and spearhead the organization in planning and implementing innovative enterprise information systems. She will also be leading the department in achieving cost beneficial enterprise-wide IT operations, said a NBC statement.
Raja has over 13 years experience in the IT sector in various senior capacities, having worked with Dubai Holding Group as director of IT Relationship Management and IT manager.
She also worked at the Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT) and handled different portfolios related to Information Technology.
She graduated in Global leadership and International Management (MBA) from UAE University in Abu Dhabi and has a Bachelor of Applied Sciences and Business Information Technology from the Higher Colleges of Technology in Abu Dhabi.
She is also the recipient of several honors and awards, amongst them are the Dubai Holding CIO award for Best Customer Oriented Staff, Rashid Award for Academic Excellence and Chancellor’s Award for Academic Distinction, the statement added.
With her appointment at National Bonds Corporation, the UAE National headcount has seen a growth rate of 63% during 2009. National Bonds accommodates a total of 25 different nationalities in its workforce.
'We welcome Raja Al Mazrouei in the National Bonds family as its new IT Head, and with her extensive knowledge and understanding of the regional IT landscape, we are confident that she will play a pivotal role in driving our innovative enterprise solutions to offer superior products and services to our bondholders,' remarked NBC chief executive officer Mohammed Qasim Al Ali.
'Her appointment also reaffirms our commitment to recruit more talented UAE Nationals and help harness their knowledge and skills,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit