Saudi Telecom inks $50m IT deal with TechM
New Delhi, October 6, 2009
Close on the heels of winning an IT outsourcing deal with Etisalat DB, the Indian arm of Emirates Telecom, Tech Mahindra has secured a deal worth $50 million with Saudi Telecom, which is rolling out GSM services in Bahrain, according to a report.
Saudi Telecom competes with Etisalat and the Zain consortium in its home market. The largest telecom operator in West Asia, Saudi Telecom also has a presence in Indonesia, Malaysia, Turkey, South Africa, Lebanon, Jordan, and Kuwait.
In India, it has a presence through a 25 per cent stake in Maxis Telecom, the Malaysian operator that is the majority stakeholder in Aircel. Earlier this year, it bagged the licence for the third-mobile operator in Bahrain.
“The deal with Tech Mahindra includes IT implementation and managed services. It is one of the largest deals for Tech Mahindra in the region,” a person was quoted as saying in a report in The Economic Times.
He said the deal size could be between $40-$50 million. Multinational firms Hewlett Packard and Cisco, which provide server and networking hardware, have also won different parts of the deal.
Saudi Telecom has announced investments of around $3 billion in the telecom markets of India, Malaysia and Indonesia.
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network