Etisalat launches first self-branded handset
Abu Dhabi, October 20, 2009
Etisalat, leading telecom operator in the UAE, has unveiled its first self-branded mobile device at Gitex 2009, an ongoing technology exhibition in Dubai.
Gitex Technology Week, the region’s largest ICT show, is running until October 22 at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Etisalat 211 FM, which is being offered at Dh265 ($72), is also bundled with a Wasel SIM card along with Dh165 of free airtime credit for international calls, over a period of three months, said a statement.
Etisalat 211FM supports MMS, WAP and FM radio features. The slim device has a coloured display screen and supports both Arabic and English languages. The device comes with a headset and one year warranty from Etisalat.
Customers will receive Dh60 credit on Wasel activation (50+10), and Dh50 and Dh65 respectively at the beginning of the second and third months. An SMS notification will be sent to the customers each month stating the bonus credited, the statement said.
The free talk time will be valid for 30 days each.
“Launch of an affordable mobile device is a strategic move for Etisalat into the mobile devices segment,” said Khalifa al Shamsi, senior vice president, consumer marketing at Etisalat.
“We have been present in this segment with many of our international partners like RIM, Apple and HTC to bring revolutionary devices like the Blackberry, iPhone and the recently launched HTC Magic android based phone, to our customers in the UAE.
“The new Etisalat 211 FM device will realise our dream of expanding our customer’s reach, and offering them a truly affordable holistic connectivity option, whereby they not only get a fantastic device, but also can get dual benefits of free Wasel SIM card connection and free airtime credit bonus.”
“Etisalat will also launch more self-branded devices in the future that will not only cover mass markets but also include highly customised devices, especially designed for special segments of customers,” Al Shamsi added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya