Tawasul launches regional MPLS network
Kuwait, October 20, 2009
Tawasul Telecom, a Kuwait-based company and a fully-owned subsidiary of Gulf Investment Corporation, and National Technology Enterprises (NTEC) have announced the joint operation of its MPLS based network.
The launch makes possible the provision of innovative cutting-edge data communication services to GCC-based companies and multinational institutions within the region as well as in the Mena region.
“With the launch of its regional MPLS Network and its operations, Tawasul Telecom has strengthened the role of Kuwait as an important telecommunications hub for the GCC and the East Mediterranean Basin,” said Hisham Abdulrazzaq Al-Razzuqi, CEO of Gulf Investment Corporation and Tawasul Telecom board chairman.
"The company is fulfilling one of the most important objectives of its establishment by arming regional businesses with the technological tools needed for growth both in terms of geographical coverage as well as efficiency of operations," Al-Razzuqi noted.
Tawasul Telecom is operating the MPLS-based Network from its Kuwait based Network Operations Centre (NOC) using the latest networking technology from Cisco Systems. The built platform provides the required technological catalyst for propelling GCC businesses to international markets.
Tadawul aims to provide connectivity services in over 80 countries with coverage spanning over five continents made possible by the company’s strategic partnerships with major international telecommunication operators across the globe.
Moreover, the services offered will enable GCC based companies as well as international corporations with presence in the region to benefit from the competitive advantage of acquiring a wide range of data communication services and worldwide access from a single operator.
During the short period since its inception, Tawasul Telecom successfully provided data connectivity services to a number of renowned regional corporations and international organizations, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Tawasul Telecom |
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit