Sunday 13 July 2014
 
»
 
»
Story

Wipro, Delhi airport ink strategic partnership

Dubai , October 27, 2009

Delhi International Airport (P) Limited (Dial) and IT major Wipro have announced a 10-year outsourcing agreement to provide world class IT Infrastructure and Services for Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA), New Delhi.

The partnership assumes significance as IGI airport’s new integrated terminal (T3) will be the gateway for the Commonwealth Games scheduled to be held in New Delhi. Terminal 3 at IGIA will be one of the largest airport terminals in the world.

Under the agreement, Wipro will be responsible for complete IT management in T3 for 10 years and will deliver seamless and highly available Airport IT operations.

The scope includes airport specific applications, data centre, networks, security and surveillance systems and end user systems.

Information Technology is a key driver for critical airport operations including Flight management, terminal management, ground handling and property management.

The total outsourcing engagement will deliver business IT alignment for Dial by combining leading airport solutions with Wipro’s strong practices of governance, process excellence and integrated service delivery.

Wipro will also manage a host of intelligent systems including building management systems, access control, public address, and telephony. For passengers, this engagement will deliver superior customer experience and for airlines, it will deliver fast efficient systems which enable quicker turnaround times.

The parties also signed an agreement to form a joint venture to be named 'Wipro Airport IT Services Limited,' in which Wipro would hold 74 per cent and DIAL the rest of 26 per cent stake.

The agreement was signed by PS Nair, CEO, Dial and Anand Sankaran, senior vice-president and Business Head, India and Middle East, Wipro.

The JV will be the innovation partner for DIAL and will focus on emerging business models and technologies for airports. It will also build competencies in airport specific applications. Also present on the occasion were Kiran Kumar Grandhi, chairman Airports, GMR Group, and Suresh Vaswani, joint chief executive officer and member of the Wipro Board.

“Our vision is to make the IGI Airport a global showcase and IT will be a significant business driver. We are delighted to have a strong partner like Wipro with proven capabilities in delivering superior business value as our partner in realizing that vision for us” said Grandhi.

Underlining the significance of the agreement, Vaswani, said: “Airports and the aviation industry in India require a massive infusion of IT and this unique partnership will create new industry standards in modern airport management based on world class IT and business processes powered by innovation.”

Nair said Dial’s vision was geared towards providing a future-proof strategy to become one of the top airport operators globally. “Wipro’s proven, in managing large IT enabled environments, coupled with a vibrant innovation culture, will be the core driver of this joint venture,” he stated.

Sankaran said the company planned to deploy IT systems and services that were extremely robust, scalable and flexible, and in keeping with global best practices in airport management. 'Our aim is to enable transformation of airport operations to bring in enhanced efficiency and customer satisfaction.' he added.-TradeArabia News Service




Tags: Wipro | Delhi airport |

More IT & Telecommunications Stories

calendarCalendar of Events

Ads

Buy high quality China wholesale Health & Beauty , Electronics, Sports & Outdoors , Computers, Video Games, Toys & Hobbies Cell Phones, Automobiles and other wholesale products directly from reliable Chinese wholesalers or Factories on DHgate.com