New contact centre company launched in Bahrain
Manama, October 29, 2009
An agreement has been signed between the eGovernment Authority and contact centre solutions provider Merchants to establish the new company, Silah Gulf.
The company will provide a full range of integrated contact centre solutions on a local and regional level.
The partnership will also pave way towards launching the National Contact Centre, the fourth and final integrated government eService delivery channel, having previously launched the eGovernment National Portal (Bahrain.bh), Mobile Gateway, and Common Service Centres.
The centre will be managed by Silah Gulf, as per the agreement which was signed by Cabinet Affairs minister Shaikh Ahmed bin Ateyatala Al Khalifa and Merchants managing director Adam Foster at the Gulf Hotel Convention Centre.
Shaikh Ahmed revealed at the signing ceremony that this initiative is designed to attract direct foreign investments and providing job opportunities.
'The new centre is expected to create more than 200 jobs for Bahraini nationals in the initial phase and is expected to increase over the next three years,' he said.
The establishment of Silah Gulf came in line with Bahrain Vision 2030, which aims to make Bahrain a unique hub for foreign investments in the Middle East.
'Today's announcement is an embodiment of Vision 2030's goals and transforming Bahrain into a regional leader in the area of support services such as call centres,' he said.
A combined workforce comprised of eGovernment Authority and Merchants employees is working on setting up the necessary logistical processes in the centre to ensure its readiness.
The process is expected to be completed in four months, with plans to officially being operation early 2010.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services