Mena Telecom boosts WiMAX network
Manama, November 1, 2009
Mena Telecom, an investment subsidiary of Kuwait Finance House - Bahrain, is strengthening its nationwide WiMAX network, it was announced.
The telecom firm will further boost its network coverage across Bahrain, to include Durrat Al Bahrain, Amwaj Islands and Banyan Tree in addition to its surrounding area.
In accordance with its goal of providing the best value for money combined with the latest that wireless technology has to offer, Mena Telecom has recently installed the first WiMAX base stations disguised as 30-metre-high palm trees at Durrat Al Bahrain and Banyan Tree resorts.
This move comes with release of the high-speed broadband package available in the kingdom, offering speeds of up to 15 megabits per second.
Residents can now enjoy wireless telephony and Internet at the resort with the fastest speeds in the kingdom.
This step aims to achieve even higher levels of customer satisfaction offering them convenience, comfort and real value for money.
'It is our ongoing endeavour to extend the joy of wireless telephony and Internet to benefit more and more people in the kingdom,' KFH-Bahrain executive manager Abdul Razak Jawahery said.
'The continuous feedback from our customers over the past year has assisted us to identify areas to strengthen our presence. Whether it is an office, a home or anywhere else in the kingdom, our customers can now enjoy the power of full wireless experience at their leisure,' said Jawahery, who is also the vice chairman and managing director of Mena Telecom.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum