Saudi Telecom chief elected Samena chairman
Dubai, November 7, 2009
Samena Telecommunications Council, the multi-continent telecommunications consortium has elected Saud Bin Majed Al Daweesh, chief executive of Saudi Telecom Group as its new chairman.
“Al Daweesh will provide a new direction to Samena as it gains a greater foothold throughout the South Asia, Middle East and North Africa regions,” stated Thomas Wilson, CEO and executive managing director of Samena.
“Although Samena is a fairly new operator-driven entity, it has done very well in attracting a large number of regional and international players to its membership,” added Saud Al Daweesh.
Under the new chairman’s direction, Samena- will soon expand onto its Samena International Roaming Rates Group (SIRRG), which is a forum designed to bring together both single-network and multi-networks and to voluntarily place price caps on international roaming without experiencing any regulatory intervention.
Al Daweesh was appointed CEO of Saudi Telecom Group in June 2009 and has won the lifetime achievement award for bringing a new vision to Saudi Telecom.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project
- Expert outlines IT trends
- Nawras launches mobile business plans
- Etisalat launches new Nokia Lumia
- Huawei wins top vendor awards
- Cloud computing market to grow at 36pc
- Vodafone hit with $343m lawsuit in Greece