Mobily expands WiMax coverage in Saudi
Riyadh, January 5, 2010
Mobily, a leading Saudi-based mobile operator, has continued its WiMax expansion with the inclusion of the district of Diriyah into its WiMax coverage through its data arm Bayanat Al-Oula.
Other Riyadh districts to get coverage lately were Bader, Shafa, Fakhriya, Uhud, Dirab, Jaradiyah, Duraihmia, Sharafia, Nada, Cordoba, Jazirah and Hittin.
Mobily had announced recently that it had extended its WiMax coverage to 26 districts in Riyadh, putting the company well on its way to getting the entire capital covered soon, while boosting bandwidth in districts already covered.
Abdulaziz Altamami, Mobily’s chief operating officer, said that the company is ahead of schedule in its nationwide WiMax project, adding that Bayanat is racing to spread the WiMax network all over Saudi Arabia for Mobily’s subscribers to enjoy unique services.
He said that Mobily is meeting the runaway demand for broadband services by putting all its resources at Bayanat’s disposal, out of the company’s belief in the importance of fast mobile Internet connectivity. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- BlackBerry posts $4.4bn quarterly loss
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates