Key Mena Telecom push
Manama, January 13, 2010
A delegation from parent company Kuwait Finance House (KFH), including chairman Bader Al Mukhaizeem, visited Mena Telecom in Seef.
Accompanying Al Mukhaizeem was Mena Telecom chairman Abdulhakeem Alkhayyat, who is also KFH-Bahrain managing director and chief executive officer.
Mena Telecom now has 25 per cent of the market share in Bahrain.
'We would also like to take this opportunity to thank Al Mukhaizeem, and the board of KFH-Bahrain for their continued support and investment in Bahrain's growing economy and helping to develop the Bahrain telecom sector,' said Alkhayyat.
'Having recently won the Internet Service Provider of the Year 2009 Award in Dubai, I am pleased to announce that Mena Telecom has had a momentous year. Highlighting our dedication to our valued customers and our quest to enhance our products through technology-driven solutions, Mena Telecom is looking forward to an equally positive 2010.'
'With more than 35,000 subscribers by now and in its first year of WiMAX service, we are confident of Mena Telecom's future success,' he said.
'We are very proud of our successes and achievements, and we have been watching closely as it has grown into a Tier 1 telecom company that drives 25 per cent of the market share with just one year of service,' he added.
'I am pleased with Mena Telecom's first year of WiMAX operations and I believe the award received in Dubai for Best Internet Service Provider of the Year 2009 will reinforce the technology, performance of Mena Telecom.'-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project