Qtel to display innovations at mobile event
Doha, February 15, 2010
Qatar Telecom (Qtel) Group will demonstrate its growth in new services and products, highlighting a new range of innovations being developed by the group at an ongoing global mobile event in Spain.
Mobile World Congress, which gathers leaders in the mobile technology and cell phone market, opened today (February 15) in Barcelona and will run until February 18.
Organized by the GSMA association, the Mobile World Congress gathers around 1,300 companies and 47,000 mobile professionals from 182 countries every year, a statement said.
The Qtel Group is using its presence at the Congress to showcase a range of new innovations which the company believes will have a significant impact on its customers and the markets it serves.
“The Qtel Group has evolved significantly into a major regional provider in recent years, and the scope of our operations in 17 countries has provided us with significant market knowledge and customer understanding,” said Dr Nasser Marafih, CEO, the Qtel Group.
“Because of this, we are able to respond to the strong demand in Middle Eastern, North African and Asian markets for a host of value-added services, by launching value-driven innovations,” he added.
Dr Nasser continued: “The mobile market is changing rapidly, driven by the increased capacity offered by improved Broadband technology and by the growing demand from customers, particularly from younger consumers.”
A 350 sq m Qtel Pavilion will reflect the Qtel Group portfolio of services and products, including an innovation zone featuring some of the latest services and applications. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution