DSOA probes growth prospects with US firm
Dubai, February 23, 2010
Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority (DSOA), a major innovations hub for high-tech industries, hosted a top delegation from Synopsys, leaders in electronic design automation (EDA), to explore technology development opportunities.
Discussions focused on developing and strengthening the collaboration between DSOA and Synopsys to enhance the technology industry in Dubai, particularly chip design at Dubai Circuit Design Center (DCD), the region’s first design centre for the physical implementation of advanced integrated circuits and fully owned by DSOA.
“At Dubai Silicon Oasis, we are constantly exploring methods to expand our business portfolio and enhance productivity within the technology sector in the UAE,” said Dr Mohammed Al Zarouni, vice chairman and CEO of DSOA.
“Leading players such as Synopsys have a crucial role in this endeavor and we believe the synergy resulting from this partnership will help us achieve significant milestones that will positively impact the industry in the region,” he added.
Aart de Geus, Synopsys chairman and CEO, said: “Our meeting with officials at Dubai Silicon Oasis was insightful.”
“As the region continues to develop its technology sector, we can expect to see an array of options for expanding business and participating in the region’s growth,’ he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Golden Systems wins ‘Best Contribution’ award
- Microsoft announces IT contest winners
- Info2cell.com to expand medical app scope
- StorIT wins top distributor award
- Ajman free zone signs deal with Arabisk Network
- Zain eyes IT acquisitions to boost data services
- Canon wins honours at TIPA Awards
- Viva Kuwait signs $270m loan with NBK
- Etisalat launches new roaming packages
- Software acquires Alfabet