Telecom giant supports VIVA
Manama, March 25, 2010
British telecom giant BT has said its consultants and engineers have worked closely with Saudi Telecommunications Company (STC) on the design and delivery of VIVA, STC's new mobile network in Bahrain.
BT Global Telecom Markets (GTM) president Oscar Ruiz said under the terms of the agreement with STC, BT has been providing specialists through its telecommunications consulting arm BT Telconsult to oversee the delivery, implementation and life management of the new network infrastructure on which VIVA is based.
'We are delighted to have been chosen by STC to help them in their project to bring a brand new operator on to the market in Bahrain,' he said.
'This deal serves as further proof of BT's commitment to the region and the dedication and technical excellence of its staff on the ground.'
VIVA Bahrain chief executive officer Ibrahim Al Omar said the introduction of VIVA to the Bahraini community will bring the most up-to-date technologies and highest level of services along with a superior customer experience to everyone.
He said at the heart of VIVA's ambitious a plan is its high-quality and modern communications network, based on the HSPA+ technology.
'The network will allow VIVA to provide unmatched coverage throughout Bahrain over high-speed broadband at speeds of up to 21.1 megabits/second.'-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Ajman free zone signs deal with Arabisk Network
- Zain eyes IT acquisitions to boost data services
- Canon wins honours at TIPA Awards
- Viva Kuwait signs $270m loan with NBK
- Etisalat launches new roaming packages
- Software acquires Alfabet
- Zain launches new premium services
- MenaITech celebrates 10th anniversary
- Kuwait Airways partners with Microsoft
- Axiom scoops retail award