Telecom giant supports VIVA
Manama, March 25, 2010
British telecom giant BT has said its consultants and engineers have worked closely with Saudi Telecommunications Company (STC) on the design and delivery of VIVA, STC's new mobile network in Bahrain.
BT Global Telecom Markets (GTM) president Oscar Ruiz said under the terms of the agreement with STC, BT has been providing specialists through its telecommunications consulting arm BT Telconsult to oversee the delivery, implementation and life management of the new network infrastructure on which VIVA is based.
'We are delighted to have been chosen by STC to help them in their project to bring a brand new operator on to the market in Bahrain,' he said.
'This deal serves as further proof of BT's commitment to the region and the dedication and technical excellence of its staff on the ground.'
VIVA Bahrain chief executive officer Ibrahim Al Omar said the introduction of VIVA to the Bahraini community will bring the most up-to-date technologies and highest level of services along with a superior customer experience to everyone.
He said at the heart of VIVA's ambitious a plan is its high-quality and modern communications network, based on the HSPA+ technology.
'The network will allow VIVA to provide unmatched coverage throughout Bahrain over high-speed broadband at speeds of up to 21.1 megabits/second.'-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project