Juma Al Majid picks Eset Smart Security
Dubai, April 11, 2010
ADAOX Middle East, the regional business development centre for Eset NoD32 Antivirus, said Juma Al Majid Group, a leading business conglomerate in the UAE, has chosen its Eset Smart Security (ESS) suite to secure its IT network
The company chose ESS after evaluating a number of antivirus products available in the market today, said a statement from ADAOX Middle East.
NTS, the channel partner of ADAOX in the UAE, implemented the solution for the company after understanding the company’s security requirements, said Muhammad Habib, senior network administrator at Juma Al Majid Group, said.
“Our company has an exhaustive IT network in place to connect the group’s diversified businesses. Our systems were facing new virus attacks and threats daily, which were not getting cleaned immediately. Hence, we began looking for an effective antivirus solution that would not only be easy to deploy and manage but would also be able to protect our IT infrastructure against any new forms of online threats."
"We tested Eset Smart Security for almost a month and found it to be a clear winner as it was able to detect virus, malware and other online threats proactively, which greatly reduced our administrative efforts of manually cleaning infected machines," Habib added.
Juma Al Majid Group has business ventures that operate in the fields of shipping, construction, food-imports, general trading, travel and other industries to name a few.
The group is also active in financial investments and portfolio management across the region and globally. The company has a vast IT network in place for which a failsafe IT security service was a necessity.
NTS helped Juma Al Majid Group deploy Eset Smart Security seamlessly with no network slowdown or downtime, said Shivkumar, CEO of NTS.
"The Eset Smart Security suite offers Juma Al Majid group the highest level of proactive protection that stops any new forms of malware from impacting the network. The solution is now centrally managed by the company’s IT team with automatic updates on end-user devices without impacting system performance," he added.
“The implementation of the ESET solution was done in phases so that no workstation was left unsecured. After installing Eset Smart Security, the virus infection reports have almost reached zero, Habib explained.
Neo Neophytou, managing director of ADAOX Middle East, said, "We are happy Juma Al Majid Group chose ESS for their security needs. ESET’s security solutions are designed to offer hassle free performance and are least resource hungry. The solutions reduce the risks of malicious code and unsuitable e-mail content from entering the network drastically."-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit