Qtel picks NSN for 3G network upgrade
Doha, April 20, 2010
Qatar Telecom (Qtel) has chosen Nokia Siemens Networks to upgrade its 3G network, to enable it to provide an improved smartphone experience and faster broadband speeds.
“With Nokia Siemens Networks, we are not only able to deliver the most smartphone friendly network that delivers a faster, better broadband experience, but also able to take the first step towards the future of mobile broadband and Long Term Evolution (LTE) networks,” said Khalil Ibrahim Al-Emadi, executive director for networks at Qtel.
Under the contract, Nokia Siemens Networks has supplied its unique Single RAN offering, including its Flexi Multiradio Base Stations and all-IP backhaul technology, increasing Qtel’s 3G network capacity and enabling a smooth transition to higher-speed HSPA+ and LTE networks.
The company has also deployed its NetAct network management system to monitor, manage and optimise the network. Additionally, Nokia Siemens Networks continues to operate Qtel’s network under an existing managed services contract.
“Our solution and services are ensuring that Qtel’s network is ready to offer end users a differentiated, next-generation mobile broadband experience,” added Shady Makhlouf, head of the Qtel customer team at Nokia Siemens Networks.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco wins key ISO certificates
- Global role for TRA Bahrain chief
- BlackBerry posts $4.4bn quarterly loss
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo