Asus supports USB 3.0 implementation
Dubai, April 29, 2010
Asus, a leading digital products company, has certified numerous USB 3.0 devices, confirming close cooperation with technology enablers to expedite popular acceptance of the new standard.
Certification covers the industry’s leading USB 3.0 solutions, including devices from Buffalo, Freecom, Seagate and Western Digital.
The company’s leadership in introducing USB 3.0 implementation takes the industry forward into a new generation of high speed experiences for consumers, who stand to benefit from the widest and most complete line of products with USB 3.0 implementation, a statement said.
USB 3.0, also known as SuperSpeed USB, is the next-generation data transfer technology. It promises super fast transmissions up to ten times the speed of USB 2.0.
Since the first motherboard with USB 3.0 was introduced in October 2009, Asus has integrated USB 3.0 in a complete range of products, including over 50 motherboard models and a number of notebooks, Eee PC netbooks and EeeTop all-in-one PCs.
Asus has intensified its certification program to expedite transition into the USB 3.0 standard, working closely with partners to ensure the process remains thorough yet streamlined and fast.
Over 20 certification partnerships have been completed, producing wide market availability of products and devices with USB 3.0 that consumers are able to purchase and use immediately.
“Seeing USB 3.0 as a pivotal standard in delivering the ultimate experience to a new generation of multimedia-savvy users, Asus will not only integrate USB 3.0 in products, but also cooperate with our partners for the fastest transition into the new technology”, said Joe Hsieh, general manager of the Asus motherboard business unit.
“USB 3.0 makes sharing easier than ever, and with growing demand for digital entertainment and media, it’s very timely,” said Axel Lucassen, managing director of Freecom.
“Downloading video, photos, music and files has become vital to users everywhere, and Hard Drive XS 3.0 provides unprecedented speeds. It combines the latest technology and style, plus it’s the most secure solution on the market, using AES 256-bit hardware encryption,” he added.
Asus plans to align with additional partners to further improve market availability of USB 3.0 devices and speed up compatibility testing.
The company has undertaken to lead USB 3.0 adoption towards greater maturity in the market, with continuous investment in the new standard. It already offers a full range of USB 3.0 motherboards that work with an extensive list of USB 3.0 peripherals, with users guaranteed worry-free compatibility, the statement added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit