Orascom, France Tel sign Mobinil accord
Cairo, May 11, 2010
Egypt's Orascom Telecom Holding and France Telecom signed a final deal on to settle a long and often acrimonious dispute over jointly-held mobile firm Mobinil.
The agreement, signed by Orascom executive chairman Naguib Sawiris and new France Telecom chief executive Stephane Richard, alters the way both firms report Mobinil's earnings on their books and gives the French company more say in choosing Mobinil's executives.
The companies said on April 14 they reached a broad deal to end their battle over control of Mobinil. – Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain 'a key player in Nokia Mideast growth'
- Mobily App Store records 3m downloads
- Cyber threat spurs new drive to step up online security
- CSPs to face big revenue challenges
- Bahrain set to bolster e-content
- Batelco wins eContent award
- Trend Micro in cybersecurity deal
- Etisalat may revive talks to sell Sudanese unit
- Bahrain TRA to boost customer contact
- Batelco yet to receive Seychelles nod for CWS deal