LG unveils new Arabic website
Manama, May 17, 2010
LG Electronics has launched its first official Arabic content website, www.lg.com/ae_ar.
The new Arabic website will contribute to the growing company’s brand exposure and digital presence and will make it easier for Arabic customers to interact with the brand.
“Internet usage in the region has seen unprecedented growth in recent years, with the UAE experiencing the region’s highest online penetration rate of 60 per cent,” said Ki Wan Kim, chief of LG Electronics Middle East and Africa Regional Company.
“We at LG are committed to providing all our customers with information and services. The new Arabic language website will allow us to interact with a much wider audience.”
As many as 3.5 million of the 4.8 residents in the UAE are online. In fact out of the world’s 1.8 billion web users, 60.2 million (3.3 per cent) are Arabic speakers. Launching an Arabic content website is a strategic move on LG’s part.
“Local language content will allow our customers to feel a greater sense of trust and connection with the destination website. From a business aspect, this move is an absolute must,” added H S Paik, president of LG Electronics Gulf FZE.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco wins key ISO certificates
- Global role for TRA Bahrain chief
- BlackBerry posts $4.4bn quarterly loss
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo