Raya to build data centre near Cairo
Cairo, June 8, 2010
Egypt's Raya Holding has agreed to build New York-based technology firm GPX Global Systems' second data centre in Egypt, the two firms said on Tuesday.
The centre, to be built on Cairo's outskirts, will provide services such as data recovery for local and multinational companies and will cost from 150 million to 200 million Egyptian pounds ($27-36 million), GPX's president Nick Tanzi said.
Raya sells mobile handsets, runs call centres and provides outsourced IT services.- Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Comguard unveils EnGenius’ solutions
- Interactive Intelligence names new VPs
- Polycom VVX media phones support Arabic
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions