Orascom sale talks continue, says report
Cairo, June 13, 2010
Egypt's Orascom Telecom is still in talks with international telecoms firms to sell some of its African assets, after negotiations with South Africa's MTN failed last week, a newspaper reported.
"Orascom Telecom Holding continues to hold a number of negotiations to sell its African units, with the exception of its (Algerian) unit Djezzy," the daily Al-Mal said, citing a source closely connected with the talks.
Orascom and MTN had been in talks to sell some or all of the Egyptian firm's assets to MTN, but the deal failed after the Algerian government refused to allow Orascom to sell its Algerian unit Djezzy to MTN. - Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat offers higher price for Maroc stake
- Orascom set to be delisted from exchanges
- HTC Desire 600 launched
- Huawei's Mideast revenue up 18pc in 2012
- Yokogawa-Petrobras in wireless deal
- 90pc of passwords ‘vulnerable to hacking’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- Du lauches prepaid data bundles
- RTS Realtime opens data center in Dubai
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages