Etisalat Misr’s customer base hits 14m
Abu Dhabi, June 13, 2010
Etisalat Misr’s customer base reached 14 million within three years of starting its operations in a very competitive market like Egypt, a company statement said.
Etisalat launched Etisalat Misr in May 2007 making it the first company to offer 3G services in the country. Since then, the Egyptian telecommunications market has changed with a huge number of new services and lower prices being offered.
Etisalat Misr was the only company to deliver new mobile and internet services making it a major driving force for technology development in the market, the statement said.
“Etisalat’s achievements exceeded all expectations in terms of subscription rates and what was targeted in the bid conditions and feasibility studies in terms of network coverage,” said Mohammad Omran, chairman of Etisalat.
“Our investment in the network has reached LE 8 billion till date, and we expect that we will invest LE 8 billion more in the coming three years as networks expansion is a priority for the company,” he added.
Commenting on prices and offers, Saleh Al Abdouli, CEO of Etisalat Misr said, “Etisalat was different from any other provider because its prices included the tax for the first time in Egypt - an unexpected surprise to the market and which was revealed only on the first day of its operations. Shortly after, all other operators followed Etisalat’s steps in this offering.”-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services