FRiENDi launches mobile services in Jordan
Dubai, June 19, 2010
Dubai-based FRiENDi Group, a leading mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) and mobile virtual network enabler (MVNE), has launched operations in Jordan.
Jordan is FRiENDi Group’s second country launch in the region and follows the launch in Oman during the second quarter of 2009 in Oman, where the group achieved a market share of four per cent was within one year, a statement said.
The group will launch its flagship “FRiENDi mobile” brand in Jordan with a set of innovative services and attractive prices, it added.
FRiENDi mobile welcome packs are now available in hundreds of shops across Jordan and a dedicated in-house customer service team is ready to serve customers in six languages which is a first in the Jordanian market, according to the statement.
“We have worked diligently on the Jordan launch, and FRiENDi Group is very grateful for the support from the Jordanian Ministry of Information and Communications Technology, the Telecommunications Regulatory Commission, as well as our operator partner Zain Jordan,” said Mikkel Vinter, CEO of FRiENDi Group.
“We are honoured to have been given the opportunity to launch as the first MVNO in Jordan and everyone in FRiENDi Group is looking forward to bringing our friendly, customer focused and multi-cultural mobile services to Jordanian customers,” he added.
FRiENDi Group was the first to introduce the MVNO concept in the Middle East and is delivering on the company vision of being the dominant regional MVNO player, the statement said.
With mobile operators and telecom regulators increasingly recognizing the fresh impetus and value MVNOs can bring to mobile markets across the region, it is expected that the regional telecommunications industry will be reshaped by a number of MVNO launches over the coming months and years, it added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion