Qtel offers new installation guarantee
Doha, July 1, 2010
Qatar Telecom (Qtel) has put in place a new compensation process for people who have to wait too long for installation of communication services within their home.
The new commitment is part of the ongoing transformation of Qtel’s approach to customer service, based upon its Customer Charter, which outlines the company’s commitment to people across Qatar, said a statement.
Under the new process, customers who receive notification that their request for a new line has been accepted and that installation is feasible should have to wait no longer than two weeks for installation in their home.
The promise applies to all subscriptions to landline phones, ADSL and Mozaic TV+ at residences across Qatar.
If Qtel is unable to ensure installation within two weeks, customers will be automatically credited with QR200 as compensation. The only commitment on the customers’ part is that their homes have the internal wiring necessary to support an installation, and that they are home when the technicians call for an agreed appointment.
The two-week time period was selected based on a benchmark study with other regional organisations, which indicated this was the optimum timing for installation and delivery.
Qtel has focused on enhancing its installation services in 2010, following feedback from customers that this was an area for improvement.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network