Qtel offers new installation guarantee
Doha, July 1, 2010
Qatar Telecom (Qtel) has put in place a new compensation process for people who have to wait too long for installation of communication services within their home.
The new commitment is part of the ongoing transformation of Qtel’s approach to customer service, based upon its Customer Charter, which outlines the company’s commitment to people across Qatar, said a statement.
Under the new process, customers who receive notification that their request for a new line has been accepted and that installation is feasible should have to wait no longer than two weeks for installation in their home.
The promise applies to all subscriptions to landline phones, ADSL and Mozaic TV+ at residences across Qatar.
If Qtel is unable to ensure installation within two weeks, customers will be automatically credited with QR200 as compensation. The only commitment on the customers’ part is that their homes have the internal wiring necessary to support an installation, and that they are home when the technicians call for an agreed appointment.
The two-week time period was selected based on a benchmark study with other regional organisations, which indicated this was the optimum timing for installation and delivery.
Qtel has focused on enhancing its installation services in 2010, following feedback from customers that this was an area for improvement.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Ajman free zone signs deal with Arabisk Network
- Zain eyes IT acquisitions to boost data services
- Canon wins honours at TIPA Awards
- Viva Kuwait signs $270m loan with NBK
- Etisalat launches new roaming packages
- Software acquires Alfabet
- Zain launches new premium services
- MenaITech celebrates 10th anniversary
- Kuwait Airways partners with Microsoft
- Axiom scoops retail award