ADAOX inks Saudi distribution deal
Riyadh, July 4, 2010
ADAOX Middle East, the regional business development center of Eset Nod32 Antivirus, has signed up Empa, a leading IT distribution company in the Mena region, to distribute Eset’s antivirus solutions in Saudi Arabia.
As per the deal, Empa will promote Eset Nod32 and ESET Smart Security to the corporate, SME and retail segments across the Kingdom.
Speaking on their new partnership, Naeem Hamami, country manager, Empa said, 'We are pleased to add Eset to our strong portfolio of best-of-breed products. We pride ourselves on offering only the best products to our customers.'
'Eset has gained a reputation of being a superior product in the security software segment in the Middle East region. Since we were in the process of establishing our value division and at the same time ESET was looking to expand their business further in Saudi Arabia, there was perfect synergy between both our companies.'
'Empa has an extensive portfolio of products in the components, PC, notebooks, networking, storage and power supply segments. The only missing part was a security solution, where ESET will be our first vendor to start with,' he added.
“As Eset looks to strengthen their market position in Saudi further, we are committed to offering them our full fledged support to help them achieve their goals. We plan to promote Eset in the corporate, SME and retail segments through our existing dealer channels in Saudi, by appointing selected corporate resellers and through our well established retail arm that will be responsible for promoting product through power retailers,” Hamami added.
Eset is one of the best security products available in the world today having won more VB100 awards from Virus bulletin than any other antivirus vendor.
'The Saudi market is important to Eset, which has seen significant growth in the Kingdom over the last couple of years. With the Saudi market being so huge, we felt the need to expand our operations further to tap newer market segments,' said Neo Neophytou, MD of ADAOX.
Empa is one of the leading IT distribution firms which boasts of top-brand partners such as Fujitsu, Iomega, Intel, Philips, Samsung, Netgear, Toshiba, Transcend and Tripp Lite.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution