Umniah arranges pilgrimage for 500
Amman, July 8, 2010
Umniah, a leading telecom service provider in Jordan, recently arranged for the despatch of a convoy of 500 pilgrims to perform Umrah rituals at Makkah and to visit the tomb of Prophet Muhammad in Al-Medina Al-Munawara.
The initiative was organised in collaboration with Umniah’s authorised dealer in the local market, Al Aryan Telecommunications. Nourmina TV, a leading private satellite TV station in Jordan, will be escorting the convoy to cover this religious event.
“We are pleased to organise this religious pilgrimage, especially with the approach of the holy month of Ramadan, since we strive through all our social initiatives to benefit our local community,” said Ihab Hinnawi, Umniah’s CEO.
“Through this initiative, we aimed at providing those who wanted to perform Umrah with the opportunity to fulfill their religious duties, which ultimately coincides with our efforts towards creating a healthy and devout community,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Golden Systems wins ‘Best Contribution’ award
- Microsoft announces IT contest winners
- Info2cell.com to expand medical app scope
- StorIT wins top distributor award
- Ajman free zone signs deal with Arabisk Network
- Zain eyes IT acquisitions to boost data services
- Canon wins honours at TIPA Awards
- Viva Kuwait signs $270m loan with NBK
- Etisalat launches new roaming packages
- Software acquires Alfabet