Du offers service to Tweet via SMS
Dubai, July 13, 2010
Du, an integrated telecom service provider in the UAE, has launched a new Twitter SMS service, which will provide mobile customers with the opportunity to Tweet on-the-go via SMS.
With this new service, du mobile customers can follow their friends and receive direct messages from followers using SMS at any time, within the UAE and abroad, a statement said.
Twitter users will also receive notifications totally free of charge and will only be charged for outgoing SMS at regular rates, it added.
“Twitter is becoming a vital platform for individuals as well as companies to communicate with friends, families and customers, and thus we are introducing this new service to enhance customers’ experiences by adding mobility to this growing social network,” said Farid Faraidooni, chief commercial officer, du.
Customers can start using the service by simply sending “start” via text message to short code 8080 to get started, the statement said.
Subscribing to the Twitter SMS service and receiving Tweets is free of charge, and customers will only pay when sending SMS at standard rates. When users choose to follow external links, mobile data charges will apply, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon