Umniah renews family support hotline deal
Amman, July 15, 2010
Umniah has renewed its agreement with the Jordan River Foundation (JRF) that aims to support the foundation’s child and family services, with a free hotline.
As per the agreement, Umniah will be allocating a free (110) hotline to receive calls pertaining to the welfare of Jordanian families and children from both mobile and landline phones.
The free (110) ‘Family Support’ line strives to provide a safe, secure and healthy environment for children and their families, as well as raise parents’ awareness on the age-appropriate rearing practices for children of different age groups.
The hotline also provides parents with emotional and psychological support by enabling the families to benefit from educational, social and psychological counseling related to the growth and development of their children. In addition, the hotline will also allow children to receive necessary guidance and support.
“We aim from our social programs to establish projects that will benefit the entire Jordanian community, especially children,” stated Umniah’s CEO Ihab Hinnawi.
Umniah first signed the (110) ‘Family Support’ line agreement with the Jordan River Foundation in 2007.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project
- Expert outlines IT trends
- Nawras launches mobile business plans
- Etisalat launches new Nokia Lumia
- Huawei wins top vendor awards
- Cloud computing market to grow at 36pc
- Vodafone hit with $343m lawsuit in Greece
- Google removes privacy feature from mobile software
- Etisalat asks banks to wait for loan fees