Umniah renews family support hotline deal
Amman, July 15, 2010
Umniah has renewed its agreement with the Jordan River Foundation (JRF) that aims to support the foundation’s child and family services, with a free hotline.
As per the agreement, Umniah will be allocating a free (110) hotline to receive calls pertaining to the welfare of Jordanian families and children from both mobile and landline phones.
The free (110) ‘Family Support’ line strives to provide a safe, secure and healthy environment for children and their families, as well as raise parents’ awareness on the age-appropriate rearing practices for children of different age groups.
The hotline also provides parents with emotional and psychological support by enabling the families to benefit from educational, social and psychological counseling related to the growth and development of their children. In addition, the hotline will also allow children to receive necessary guidance and support.
“We aim from our social programs to establish projects that will benefit the entire Jordanian community, especially children,” stated Umniah’s CEO Ihab Hinnawi.
Umniah first signed the (110) ‘Family Support’ line agreement with the Jordan River Foundation in 2007.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat Nigeria signs $1.2bn refinancing loan
- Most firms ‘not curbing external software’
- Plextor launches high-performance SSD
- Epicor clinches two new UAE deals
- Du launches smartphone festival
- Mena fastest growing e-commerce region
- Ooredoo, QNB to host workshop for SMEs
- Data use surge 'posing security challenges'
- Kanoo, EMC showcase infrastructure portfolio
- SAP holds key event in Kuwait