Etisalat offers discounts on subcontinent calls
Abu Dhabi, July 19, 2010
Etisalat, the leading telecom services provider in the UAE, has launched a new promotion for its Wasel prepaid mobile customers offering them a discounted rate of 99 fils ($0.27) per minute for calling the South Asian subcontinent.
Wasel customers avail the discounts while calling India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Nepal during specially extended off-peak hours from 5 pm to 9 am, Saturday to Thursday and throughout the day, on Friday, Etisalat said in a statement.
The promotion runs all through the summer and is valid till September 19, giving Wasel prepaid customers the chance to enjoy over 60 per cent discount on international calls made during the additional off-peak hours. Other national and international calls will not be affected and will be charged at the normal rate.
“This promotion provides tremendous value to our Wasel prepaid customers, enabling them to take advantage of these attractive rates on Etisalat’s high-quality network that covers the entire nation,” said Khalifa Al Shamsi, senior vice president of marketing, Etisalat.
Wasel prepaid customers who are interested in opting for affordable international calling rates to all global destinations, outside of the sub-continent, can do so by subscribing to Etisalat’s super off-peak plan and enjoy a discount of an extra 60 per cent on international calls made from 11 pm to 7 am, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project