New Sitecom gaming router launched
Dubai, July 22, 2010
Al Otaiba Distribution, a leading IT distribution house, has launched a new gaming router from Sitecom, a major EMEA brand for home networking and connectivity solutions.
The Sitecom WL-309 wireless simultaneous dual-band 300N XR gigabit gaming router offers a lag free gaming experience and high optimal performance for demanding applications, a statement said.
Sitecom WL-309 is a second generation gaming router is equipped with simultaneous dual-band technology, which means that wireless signals can be simultaneously transmitted via the standard 2.4 GHz band and the less congested 5 GHz band to provide uninterrupted performance for applications such as gaming, streaming audio and video and VoIP, it added.
The WL-309 is based on advanced StreamEngine technology, which automatically gives priority to time-sensitive traffic within the network, such as gaming, to make optimal performance without audio or video interference possible, the statement said.
The gaming router also has a USB port, so that an external USB device, such as a hard disk or a flash drive, can be directly connected to the router to give all the users in the network access to the files on disk.
“Sitecom WL-309 the revolutionary gaming router powered with simultaneous dual-band technology and StreamEngine technology it offers the best utility of one’s bandwidth as well as enhanced user experience,” said Khalaf Al Otaiba, CEO, Al Otaiba Group.
“WL-309 is not the best buy for only gamers but also for other hardcore users who struggle to work freely with limited bandwidth and bandwidth hungry applications,’ he added.
The Sitecom WL-309 wireless simultaneous dual-band 300N XR gigabit gaming router is priced at Dh849 ($231) and comes with two years replacement warranty, which can be extended up to 10 years, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion