El Araby picks NEC to build IT infrastructure
Cairo, July 28, 2010
El Araby Group, a large corporate enterprise, has selected NEC Corporation, to provide the entire IT infrastructure for a call centre for 150 users, several new office buildings and its hospital in Egypt.
The project consists of four fully loaded Flexpower blade solutions, installed in various locations, plus three separate file servers – one for each new location. Also included in the solutions are three NEC FC SAN storage units, three NEC tape libraries for backup and 150 NEC thin clients for the call centre.
“We are excited about this investment and we look forward to the benefits of using NEC Solutions for our IT infrastructure,” said Walid Bakr, group IT manager for El Araby Group.
“Data security and downtime can cost businesses a lot, which is why we always try to understand how we can support our customers and provide them with IT solutions that significantly reduce TCO, improve business continuity and increase ROI (return on investment),” added Lenia Iacovides, managing director for interFRONTIERS, the NEC ITPS’ business development unit for Emea region.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon