Eset launches antivirus for Mac business edition
Dubai, September 14, 2010
Eset, a leader in proactive protection, has announced a new addition to its business product line - Eset NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Mac.
With Eset NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Mac, the company delivers the most advanced protection to all business networks – employing either PCs or Macs, said a top official.
"It is another milestone for our company whose security software has an excellent track record of protecting computer users,” remarked Eset’s CEO Miroslav Trnka.
By developing a security solution for Mac, Eset is responding to user demand. Since December 2009 when Eset NOD32 Antivirus 4 (Beta) for Mac was released for public testing, the company has seen more than 135,000 downloaded installation packages.
With the launch of a security solution for the Macintosh platform, Eset adds an additional layer of security, so OS X systems can participate in a heterogeneous networked environment with the highest possible security, and with supporting compliance initiatives.
“Engineered with our award winning ThreatSense scanning engine, it ensures industry-leading protection against emerging threats,” explained Richard Marko, Eset’s chief technology officer.
According to him, the new antivirus edition offers enterprise-class threat protection for Macs in all business environments.
"ThreatSense solution automatically detects and cleans malware, including threats designed for Windows operating systems, preventing Macs from becoming carriers of malware in a corporate network," Marko said.
"In addition, Eset NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Mac OS X gives IT administrators the ability to monitor all network endpoints across multitude operating systems with ease, all from a single management console," he added.
Eset NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Mac is now available in English, with other languages following in the coming months. Additionally, soon home users will be able to purchase a home edition of its security solution called "Eset Cybersecurity for Mac," Marko said.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: ESET NOD32 Antivirus |
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit