Brocade launches 100GB Ethernet router
Dubai, September 18, 2010
Brocade, a networking solutions provider, has unveiled its 100 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) solution to address the exponential traffic surge experienced by carriers.
The leading IT firm has also introduced the new MLXe Core Router as part of the Brocade MLX Series of high-density routers, designed to establish industry benchmarks for performance, scalability and investment protection for service provider and data center networks.
The new Brocade MLXe router and IEEE standards-based 100 GbE blade deliver on the four value propositions of the Brocade One unified network vision: non-stop networking, investment protection, unmatched simplicity and application optimization, a statement said.
The breakthrough performance levels enable next-generation virtualized data centers to support rising application traffic demands and deliver cloud-based services using less hardware—vastly improving operational efficiency and driving down capital cost, it added.
To protect existing network infrastructure investments, the new Brocade MLXe routers are interoperable with and support existing Brocade MLX and Brocade NetIron XMR blades.
This approach provides a clear product evolution for future network expansion. Current Brocade MLX router customers also gain the power and benefits of 100 GbE performance and capacity since the 100 GbE blade integrates with and operates across all Brocade MLX, Brocade MLXe and NetIron XMR routers.
“The new offerings are technological breakthroughs developed to help service provider and data center customers collapse their infrastructure layers, allowing for reduced overhead and massive scalability without compromising performance or efficiency,” said Ken Cheng, vice president, service provider products, Brocade.
“They fulfill the promise of the Brocade One vision by helping customers transition seamlessly to a world where information and applications reside anywhere in the cloud.”
To help reduce operational expenditures and promote service provider expansion, the new 100 GbE blades cost just a fraction of competitive offerings, according to the statement.
When installed in the Brocade MLXe routers, the new 100 GbE blades enable service providers to deploy the industry’s first Terabit-per-second trunk, which utilizes multiple ports in a single logical link for greater bandwidth and reduced management.
This technology supports the streaming of a half-million high-definition video streams and delivers more than twice the operational efficiency of competitive offerings at lower costs. The result is greater profitability gains to help service providers offer ultra-high-performance, yet affordable, broadband connectivity and services for their subscribers.
“Performance, scalability and investment protection are important design attributes of our global network platform,” said Denver Maddux, vice president, network engineering, Limelight Networks.
“We see rapid traffic growth due to mobile video and online media downloads, and so, it is important that we can cost-efficiently upgrade our routing platform to support our growth. Routers like the Brocade MLXe and 100 GbE blades provide us with a path to add massive capacity and scalability to our network as we look at our future needs,” Maddux added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services