Microsoft names new ME distributor of Xbox 360
Dubai, September 20, 2010
Microsoft Gulf has appointed Al-Futtaim Electronics as the additional new distributor of Xbox 360 hardware across the Gulf region excluding Saudi Arabia.
Under the agreement, Al-Futtaim Electronics will make the Xbox 360 gaming devices and accessories available to consumers across the GCC through an increased range of retail stores in the region.
As regional sales of Xbox 360 continue to soar, the Al-Futtaim group company plans to capitalise on the growing console video gaming industry in the Middle East by delivering a range of exciting products to avid gamers. Coupled with the much anticipated arrival of ‘Kinect’ and a line-up of new games, Al-Futtaim Electronics and Microsoft hope to create a new category of gaming and entertainment experiences that are more inclusive and relevant to a broader audience.
'The region has seen incredible growth in gaming and Microsoft Xbox 360 has captured a large share of it,' said Vishesh Bhatia, group director Electronics, Engineering & Technologies, Al-Futtaim.
'Through this partnership, we remain committed to offering wider coverage and stronger presence in emerging Gulf countries and working with Microsoft in bringing its market leading products and accessories range to gaming enthusiasts throughout the region.'
'By working in conjunction with Al-Futtaim Electronics, we will be in a unique position to deliver the best connected entertainment experience to consumers across the Gulf. This also ensures that our products are readily available and accessible to consumers across the region,' added Armagan Demir, head of Microsoft Entertainment and Devices Division Gulf.
Gaming products distributed by Al-Futtaim Electronics will reach stores by October.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit