Etisalat announces iPhone 4 price plans
Abu Dhabi, September 23, 2010
Etisalat, the leading telecom service provider in the UAE, has announced the price packages for the latest mobile device from Apple, the new iPhone 4.
iPhone 4 is one of the most sophisticated smartphones across the world and delivers superior performance when used on 3G networks, providing data download speeds of up to 7.2 Mbps and data upload speeds of up to 5.8 Mbps.
Etisalat’s 3G mobile broadband network covers 99 per cent of UAE’s populated area and provides customers with speeds of up to 21 Mbps. This will also enhance its customers’ experience when they use the applications on their latest iPhone 4 device.
Etisalat customers can subscribe to the iPhone 4 with several voice and data plan options on a one-year contractual basis. These plans are value-packed with a number of free minutes, SMS and data per month, suited to varying customers’ needs, a statement said.
Customers also have the opportunity to get iPhone 4 - 16GB for free if they subscribe to Package – 3, which includes unlimited data, along with 500 minutes of voice calls and 125 SMS.
Etisalat also announced that it will soon offer a tailor-made option allowing its current iPhone 3G/3GS postpaid customers to upgrade to iPhone 4 with a package of their choice.
“Etisalat has the reputation of being the first to launch iPhone devices in the UAE. Being the first to announce the launch of iPhone 4 once again, comes in line with our commitment to deliver to our customers the ideal combination of speed, coverage and best device line-up,” said Khalifa Al Shamsi, senior vice president, marketing– Etisalat.
“We are pleased to offer the innovative iPhone 4 and new plans at incredible values that meet the needs of all our customers. We’re also extremely proud to provide our customers with the best experience of enjoying the new iPhone on the nation’s fastest 3G network that covers 99 per cent of the country’s populated area,” he added.
The iPhone 4 design is dynamic and completely different from the earlier iPhone devices. Apple has redesigned this device to be 24 per cent slimmer than iPhone 3G. With body thickness of 9.3 mm, the new device features Apple’s stunning new Retina display, the highest resolution display ever built into a phone, resulting in super crisp text, images and video.
iPhone 4 also features a 5-megapixel camera with LED flash, HD video recording, Apple’s A4 processor, a 3-axis gyro and up to 40 percent longer talk time in all-new design of glass and stainless steel that is the thinnest smartphone in the world.
iPhone 4 comes with iOS 4, the newest version of the world’s most advanced mobile operating system, which includes over 100 new features. The revolutionary App Store provides access to more than 200,000 apps including the new iMovie app built just for iPhone 4.
iPhone 4 requires a special SIM, different from the ones used in other regular mobile devices. Etisalat has been the first in the region to offer this customized SIM, micro SIM, which is compatible with iPhone 4 and Apple’s iPad.
Customers will be offered the flexibility to exchange their existing SIM cards or get an additional new Etisalat micro SIM card for their iPhone 4 devices. It is available at the same price and specification as the regular SIM card, but in a customised size. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya