Microsoft releases Internet Explorer 9 Beta version
Amman, September 26, 2010
Microsoft has released Windows Internet Explorer 9 Beta, the latest version of the popular Web browser.
The release will enable developers, Web designers and internet users to try out the new features and innovations and prepare their sites for the official launch of Internet Explorer 9.
The new browser delivers a fast, clean, trusted and interoperable online experience that takes full advantage of Windows 7, putting the focus on the sites and applications people care about, said a statement.
“Developers and designers from partners around the world are showcasing how they have used the capabilities of Internet Explorer 9 to tap into the power of the PC hardware, Windows 7, a new user experience, and support for modern standards such as HTML5 to create immersive sites that feel increasingly like native PC applications,” the company said.
Users can download the new Internet Explorer 9 Beta and experience many of these new sites at http://www.BeautyoftheWeb.com.
“Internet Explorer 9 uses the power of Windows and the whole PC to bring you a better Web,” said Muhammad Arrabi, developer platform evangelist, Microsoft Jordan. “The new version of Internet Explorer takes advantage of the power of modern PC hardware to improve all-around Web browsing performance.”
“Internet Explorer 9 puts the focus on the applications with a clean experience, Windows 7 integration, and more pixels dedicated to the website, not the browser, allowing sites to shine. Browser controls are reduced and framed in “glass” so that, while they are discoverable, people see their Web content first and foremost”.
Internet Explorer 9 new features include Pinned Sites, through which a user’s favorite websites can be accessed directly from the Windows Taskbar without having to first open the browser, making it quick and easy for users to get to the content they care about.
JumpLists offer a quick and easy way to get to a common website task without having to first launch the browser. For Pinned Sites where developers have created JumpList capabilities, users can quickly create a new e-mail message, check their inbox, change the music station, accept a friend invitation or see breaking news.
Other features include Tear-off tabs and Windows Aero Snap tabs: Users often need to use more than one website or page to accomplish a task. Tearing off a tab by dragging it away from the browser and using Windows Aero Snap enable users to show two sites or pages side by side. Users can compare products from different websites, watch a video while reading e-mail, or look at a map while reading an itinerary for a trip, the statement said.
This comprehensive approach to performance includes the introduction of a new scripting engine, Chakra, that uses common multicore central processing units (CPUs) in PCs to deliver significant performance gains. Internet Explorer 9 is also the first browser with full hardware acceleration of HTML5, harnessing the power of the graphics processing unit (GPU), reallocating much of the graphic processing to the GPU instead of the CPU. By using the GPU, Internet Explorer 9 unlocks the 90 percent of the PC’s power that went previously untapped by Web browsers. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit