Kulacom acquires Jordanian ISP
Amman, September 27, 2010
Kulacom Jordan, leading telecom network, has acquired Stream, a Jordanian Internet service operator (ISP).
With this acquisition, Kulacom will now provide home and business users with a wider range of high-speed and high-bandwidth Internet services at significantly reduced costs, a company statement said.
Private and corporate customers in Jordan have the option of selecting Kulacom’s market-leading WiMAX service in addition to Stream’s enhanced ADSL service.
The benefits customers will enjoy with the ADSL service include unlimited Internet usage, safe internet options, a real IP address and speeds that range between 1 Mbps and 8 Mbps.
“In order to meet the exponential demand for faster broadband speeds, we have decided to acquire Stream, an already established ADSL company,” said Hazim Alaeddin, Kulacom Jordan’s CEO.
“Our acquisition of Stream strategically readies us for the rapidly expanding and changing telecommunications environment in Jordan, allowing us to provide a wider range of products with a larger geographical footprint.”
“Currently we offer 1 and 8 Mbps, but this will be upgraded to 50 and 100Mbps and Local Loop Unbundling will be finalised,” he added.
The ADSL service caters to residential users, corporate customers and heavy Internet users that require a dedicated line for time-critical and bandwidth-hungry services. With all three packages, Kulacom offers an added-value service of a clean, safe and controlled Internet environment, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco wins key ISO certificates
- Global role for TRA Bahrain chief
- BlackBerry posts $4.4bn quarterly loss
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo