Kulacom acquires Jordanian ISP
Amman, September 27, 2010
Kulacom Jordan, leading telecom network, has acquired Stream, a Jordanian Internet service operator (ISP).
With this acquisition, Kulacom will now provide home and business users with a wider range of high-speed and high-bandwidth Internet services at significantly reduced costs, a company statement said.
Private and corporate customers in Jordan have the option of selecting Kulacom’s market-leading WiMAX service in addition to Stream’s enhanced ADSL service.
The benefits customers will enjoy with the ADSL service include unlimited Internet usage, safe internet options, a real IP address and speeds that range between 1 Mbps and 8 Mbps.
“In order to meet the exponential demand for faster broadband speeds, we have decided to acquire Stream, an already established ADSL company,” said Hazim Alaeddin, Kulacom Jordan’s CEO.
“Our acquisition of Stream strategically readies us for the rapidly expanding and changing telecommunications environment in Jordan, allowing us to provide a wider range of products with a larger geographical footprint.”
“Currently we offer 1 and 8 Mbps, but this will be upgraded to 50 and 100Mbps and Local Loop Unbundling will be finalised,” he added.
The ADSL service caters to residential users, corporate customers and heavy Internet users that require a dedicated line for time-critical and bandwidth-hungry services. With all three packages, Kulacom offers an added-value service of a clean, safe and controlled Internet environment, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco shines at Dubai telecom show
- Zain warns over service disruptions
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract