Kingston launches ‘fastest’ memory card
Dubai, October 4, 2010
Kingston Digital Europe, an affiliate of US-based Kingston Technology, the leader in memory products, has launched its new memory card that offers read and write speeds of up to 90 MB per second.
The CompactFlash Ultimate 600x supports UDMA mode 6 and is Kingston Technology’s fastest card to support high-end digital cameras and other devices, a statement said.
“The Kingston CF Ultimate 600x cards are great for photographers shooting in burst mode,” said Steve Hall, EMEA product development manager of flash, Kingston Technology.
“For example, in a situation like a wedding or sporting event where the ability to rapidly take successive shots could make the difference between capturing the perfect shot or just missing it.”
“We are pleased to add the 600x card to our CompactFlash family of products which also includes the 266x Ultimate and 133x Elite Pro cards,” he added.
The Kingston CF Ultimate 600x is available in 16GB and 32GB capacities to support the large file sizes created when shooting in RAW mode or HD video.
If paired with UDMA mode 6 enabled cameras and readers, the 600x speed allows for data to write to and read from the card at a faster rate than previous generations of cards, according to the statement.
The CF Ultimate 600x includes free downloadable data recovery software from MediaRecover, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues