Dell to host conference for CIOs
Dubai, October 14, 2010
Dell Middle East will host a conference which will address topics of key importance to CIOs and provide insights on how they can benefit from Dell’s open, capable and affordable solutions.
About 60 CIOs from the region’s leading organisations will participate in “Solutions for the Virtual Era” conference, taking place on October 17 and 18 at the Bab Al Shams resort in Dubai.
Dell CIO Robin Johnson and Joyce Mullen, Dell’s vice president for global alliances, will share their views on Dell’s strategy around the Virtual Era with topics, including solutions for virtualization in the datacenter, intelligent data management and cloud computing, a statement said.
Workshop breakout sessions will be delivered in three tracks and include Dell’s Virtual integrated system, intelligent data management and client computing solutions.
“Dell’s Solutions for the Virtual Era conference will demonstrate to customers how Dell can help them to unlock efficiencies in their organizations by creating open, capable and affordable solutions that limit costs and complexity within the datacenter and free resources that could be used more effectively,” said Dave Brooke, Dell Middle East general manager, commercial.
“We believe that it is possible for organizations across the globe to reduce IT costs by $200 billion which can be reinvested in innovation rather than just maintaining existing infrastructure, or ‘keeping the lights on’. At this conference we will share strategies with our customers that can support them to make this to happen,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services