Batelco backs recreation centre for kids
Manama, October 28, 2010
Batelco, the leading telecom services provider in Bahrain, will support a major fund-raising event organised by the Indian Ladies Association (ILA) in aid of a recreation centre for children with special needs.
The event, Saath Saath .. an evening for the recreation centre Sneha, which will take place on November 4, is expected to raise thousands of dinars to support the annual costs of the centre.
The Sneha project which began in 1987 is fully funded through donations from companies such as Batelco and through fund raising programmes organised by the ILA.
“We are delighted to lend our support for the ILA to help them in their excellent efforts to look after special-needs children of all nationalities at their recreation centre, Sneha,” said Ahmed Al Janahi, Batelco Group general manager.
“Batelco appreciates the stellar work carried out by organisations such as the ILA and we always include donations to such worthwhile initiatives as part of our annual sponsorship and donations agenda,” he added.
“We depend on the generosity of Bahrain’s companies to ensure that we can deliver the best opportunities for the young children enrolled at the Sneha Centre,” said ILA honorary president Shanthini Raja. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project
- Expert outlines IT trends
- Nawras launches mobile business plans
- Etisalat launches new Nokia Lumia
- Huawei wins top vendor awards
- Cloud computing market to grow at 36pc
- Vodafone hit with $343m lawsuit in Greece