Microsoft announces senior MEA appointments
Dubai, October 31, 2010
Charbel Fakhoury, regional general manager for Microsoft Gulf, will move to a new role within Microsoft as vice president - sales and marketing group for Microsoft across Middle East and Africa, a statement said.
Samer Ramez Abu-Ltaif will take over as the new regional general manager for Microsoft Gulf effective immediately.
Fakhoury will transition to his new position based in Istanbul after a successful five year term in the region.
As regional general manager for Microsoft Gulf, Abu Ltaif will lead the overall strategy, business operations and outreach for the company in the Gulf. Samer was earlier regional director for Enterprise and Partner Group at Microsoft Middle East and Africa where his responsibilities included building and driving Microsoft strategy in eight subsidiaries covering 79 countries.
“Charbel has a long history in Microsoft, and has played a pivotal role in strengthening Microsoft’s role in these markets and in the Gulf. Samer is an extremely talented professional with years of expertise in the technology industry and the region,” stated Ali Faramawy, vice president, Microsoft International & president, Microsoft Middle East & Africa.
A well known and highly respected member of the regional ICT industry, Abu Ltaif has over 20 years of experience in managing sales, marketing and professional services functions for multi-national IT corporations.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon