Microsoft announces senior MEA appointments
Dubai, October 31, 2010
Charbel Fakhoury, regional general manager for Microsoft Gulf, will move to a new role within Microsoft as vice president - sales and marketing group for Microsoft across Middle East and Africa, a statement said.
Samer Ramez Abu-Ltaif will take over as the new regional general manager for Microsoft Gulf effective immediately.
Fakhoury will transition to his new position based in Istanbul after a successful five year term in the region.
As regional general manager for Microsoft Gulf, Abu Ltaif will lead the overall strategy, business operations and outreach for the company in the Gulf. Samer was earlier regional director for Enterprise and Partner Group at Microsoft Middle East and Africa where his responsibilities included building and driving Microsoft strategy in eight subsidiaries covering 79 countries.
“Charbel has a long history in Microsoft, and has played a pivotal role in strengthening Microsoft’s role in these markets and in the Gulf. Samer is an extremely talented professional with years of expertise in the technology industry and the region,” stated Ali Faramawy, vice president, Microsoft International & president, Microsoft Middle East & Africa.
A well known and highly respected member of the regional ICT industry, Abu Ltaif has over 20 years of experience in managing sales, marketing and professional services functions for multi-national IT corporations.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network