Etisalat wins 4 Samena awards
Abu Dhabi, November 1, 2010
Etisalat, the leading telecom operator with a presence in 18 countries, won four top laurels at the recent Samena Telecommunications Council Awards.
Etisalat was named ‘Best Telecom Operator’ in the Middle East, North Africa and South Asia (Menasa) region.
Selected following an intensive performance-based evaluation of telecom operators across the region, Etisalat also won the awards for Best Customer Experience Provider of the Year and Best FMC Operator of the Year, while the company’s chairman, Mohammad Omran, was selected as Best Telecom Operator Leader of the Year.
The Samena Awards were distributed at a ceremony held in Morocco recently as part of the ‘Converge to Casablanca 2010’ conference which highlighted the importance of the convergence of industry leaders to discuss key technology areas.
“Etisalat has been at the forefront of a number of innovative solutions and services, and has contributed enormously to the growth and advancement of the sector locally and regionally,” stated Bocar A Ba, president of Samena Telecommunications Council.
Samena Telecommunications Council is a multi-continent telecom consortium.
Etisalat is a major investor in Thuraya, one of the world’s leading satellite geo-mobile communication systems covering approximately two thirds of the planet’s surface.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco wins key ISO certificates
- Global role for TRA Bahrain chief
- BlackBerry posts $4.4bn quarterly loss
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo