HCL, Mercator ink flydubai IT services deal
Dubai, November 10, 2010
HCL Infosystems, India’s premier ICT services company, has signed an agreement with Mercator, the IT division of the Emirates Group, to manage IT infrastructure for flydubai.
HCL Infosystems will provide IT infrastructure for hosting services through Mercator’s two data centers that will host flydubai’s applications through a private virtual cloud and will manage communication links to access externally hosted services.
HCL Infosystems will provide, manage and support all end-user devices and services for flydubai. This multi-million dollar partnership will help flydubai optimise provisioning of critical services such as check-in, departure control, network planning, flight and crew operations, aircraft maintenance and other back office systems.
The partnership will also ensure complete management of the infrastructure, day-to-day operations, vendors, connectivity and capacity.
“We are delighted to be partnering with Mercator and HCL Infosystems to ensure our IT systems continue to meet our demands for highly efficient and cost effective solutions,” stated Ghaith Al Ghaith, CEO of flydubai.
“This early success clearly signifies our potential to deliver state-of-the-art solutions that can address needs of customers across geographies,” said Shivkumar, chief executive HCL Infosystems MEA.
“The partnership with HCL Infosystems will enable us to deliver a robust infrastructure platform that will enable flydubai to bring in new IT services and scale up the existing IT systems in line with their growth plans,” added Fayyaz Alam, vice president, Production Services for Mercator.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services