Menatelecom hits new subscriber milestone
Manama, November 25, 2010
Menatelecom has surpassed the 56,000 subscriber mark, after rolling out its WiMAX 18Mb high-speed wireless broadband services.
The firm is the second largest Internet service provider in Bahrain, and the first company in the world to launch a nationwide WiMAX 802.16e network.
The subscriber milestone underlines Mena-telecom's commitment to challenge Bahrain's broadband scene through its innovative fourth generation technology and its high-speed residential and business wireless broadband packages.
'We are two years into our mission to provide innovative, competitive and high-speed wireless broadband services that are accessible to anyone, anywhere in Bahrain,' said Menatelecom vice-chairman and managing director Abdul Razak Jawahery.
Menatelecom acquired the National Fixed Wireless Service licence in 2007 from the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority.
After an investment of over $100 million, it then developed on the infrastructure of one of the most advanced wireless broadband networks in the world, followed by the launch of its services in November 2008.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase